Monday, March 19, 2007

Proud Mommy

I am such a proud mommy this past weekend. I have the best pug in the world!!!! Friday afternoon I decided that my dog looked a little scruffy. It looks like spring is in the air because she is losing her winter coat. So she just sat down and let me brush her for a good hour. Usually this is quite that task when it comes to her. She doesn't like brushings very much, but she just took it in and enjoyed eveyr minute of it. Or so it seemed that way. She wasn't too egar to get away from us. Then on Saturday Cam and I decided that it was such a nice weekend here in Edmonton that we should seize the day and take our dog out for a walk. We had to go to the store to pick some stuff up anyways, so put on her leash and off we went. She walked right beside Cam and me the whole way. She wasn't tugging on her leash or wandering all over the place. However, there were many puddles that were around so we had to dodge over those somehow so then she would do what she had to do to get past them. She would love the shallow ones. She could get a drink from them and walk right through them. As soon as the puddle would get to deep for the monkey she would jump out and go to the next puddle to see what that one had in store for her. She loves puddles, who knew? She got to meet a puggle (beagle pug cross) he was only 7 weeks old. Very very cute. By the time we got home I thought I owned a black pug. She was DIRTY. So we had to carry her right to the bathtub for a bath. Bath's usually aren't her favorite, but for whatever reason this time she just stood there and let dad scrub her down. I was so proud at how well behaved she was. She got an extra treat for the day. Again..... I LOVE my pug :o)

2 comments:

Toona's Mom said...

She sure is a good pug!!!!! She learned all she knows from when she was living at her Grandma and Grandpa's house. Teee Heee. Now does she know how to train a VERY active Terrier? I could use some help here Zoe. Kisses to the Pug

PurseJunkie (a.k.a. A) said...

te he he he... yeah I felt proud of my mini momma when we went to the puppy playdate and she behaved (compaired to the other huahuas and dogs there).. I must say.. Both our mini mommas were good girls that day.. What's happening here?? Are they growing up??..