Monday, August 20, 2007

Once all is said and done............

I can't believe that a week has already gone by since 'the wedding'. I must say that I am relieved that it is all over with. I am not sure what to do with my time at this point, but I am sure something will spark my interest. I am really enjoying the fact that I can finally call Cam my husband. I didn't expect much to change with us and our relationship when we decided to get married, and through the whole engagement, but I find that I have this strange sense of happiness come over me. I feel as if we have started dating all over again. It is great!

The name change is going to be the most difficult I believe. Already at work I have been trying out my new last name..... I still want to sign the two "ll" in my last name. However at work, when packages come in, I have been practicing signing McLean.... isn't so easy. In due time. It is just going to be a long process to change my name with everyone that I need to change my name with. Who will I forget to call, and how will it screw things up for me in the future..? I really don't think it is that big of an issue.

I have delegated Saturdays to be our dinner date nights. I think that once all the hustle and bustle of the week is over it is nice to be able to sit down just the two of us (maybe we will ask people to join us one day) and have a nice supper for the two of us. Because I don't work on Saturdays this gives me time to go get all the ingredients that I require and the time I need to make these fancy meals. Our first was stuffed pork tenderloin, with herb spaetzle and sauteed veggies. Yes I made it myself!! Somehow, with the help of a wonderful cookbook that everyone should own, I was able to make everything required for the supper from scratch even the spaetzle. The cookbook is called: Favoured Flavours From Fiddler's Green Restaurant by Lynda Manson.

So I guess now that people can't ask us "when are you guys getting married?" the next question in line is "when are you going to have babies?" hahaha little do these people know we have other plans for right now, and sorry to be the bearer of bad news but no babies for a little while :o) We have Australia to conquer yet.

I really think that being married is just another chapter in my life that I have now started to write. I am looking so forward to everything that lays ahead of us on this little journey we have embarked on. I have a wonderful husband who loves and adores me with every flaw I may have, and I absolutely adore and love him. And the pug is happy now that her mommy and daddy are married.

1 comment:

Allie said...

And what a gorgeous bride you made!! I had to smile that you have discovered a whole new meaning of living together just by saying those special vows. I too experienced the same thing.

Oh ... and don't worry about signing your last name. It will take you many years to adjust. Heck - it still spell my last name wrong and have been known to introduce myself with my maiden name. At least yours is similar; mine? WAY TOO MANY new letters to remember. :)