Thursday, December 11, 2008

What have we been up to???

I have started to post so many times over the past few months because so much has happened, but I haven't been able to complete a single one. Call it bloggers block if you will, but I want to get back to writing and sharing the happenings in my life. Mostly so I can receive feedback and realize that I am not alone in this crazy world, and that these strange happenings happen to others..... possibly. I am going to start this post from back in the fall. Where I left off from the last post....

I must admit I absolutely love the fall. I love the colors of the trees and anticipation of the first snow fall. I got to go to Edmonton in September to go wedding dress shopping with my sister. It was such a great weekend. Not only did I have a kick ass car for the weekend to drive around in, we found her dress!! I got to hang out with my bestest friends and had a good trip all around. Going back to Edmonton made me miss it a little bit. It is nice being able to go back and be independent in knowing my way around the city and where things are. I am sure that Danielle's fiance Ryan is appreciative of that as well. I don't know when I will return back to Edmonton though. I am content in beautiful BC anyhow.

Unfortunately Thanksgiving just wasn't the same this year. I got to go to Nelson to visit my friends and family, however, Cam was unable to make the trip with me. He injured himself at work and was unable to travel back home due to his injury. I didn't have to drive by myself; fortunately, my Uncle Derek from Kelowna wanted a ride back to Nelson to see the family and his son. I got to see my Grandpa, who recently has fallen ill, and he looks great. I would never have guessed that he just got out of the hospital. Every holiday from this point that we get to have Grandpa with us is wonderful and valued. You always think that they are some super being that will never leave you or pass. Unfortunately the bitter truth my friends is that this isn't so. So we have to value every minute that we get to spend with our loved ones because you just never know.

After Thanksgiving the month of October just seemed to get worse and worse for Cam and I. We were already dealing with WCB and getting Cam better and back to work. He started going to physio regularly. On his way home from one of his appointments he was in a four vehicle accident. He was rear ended. He was the second vehicle to get hit, however I still think that our vehicle (Charlie) took the brunt of the hit. As it turned out there was too much damage to Charlie for ICBC to fix him, so we took the buy out, and Charlie was a write off. It took me a very long time to get over the fact that my little car was gone. I was/am very devastated. I know most of you are thinking I am a nut. I just tend to become very attached to things, and I have had so many great memories with Charlie. We took multiple road trips together. Oh and Cam got a little whiplash from the accident. So not only are we dealing with WCB for his work injury, we are dealing with an ICBC claim for his neck. Cam is doing well, and he hasn't had any real discomfort, but we aren't closing the claim just yet because you never know. We did replace Charlie with another car. We got a 2002 Mazda5 Protege. It is very nice, with all the bells and whistles, even a sunroof. It has four doors, so I guess we have a 'family vehicle' so now we just need a family to put in it :o) We got it for a really good deal. Because we just purchased a new truck in the summer, we weren't quite ready to buy a brand new vehicle. Let alone replace Charlie anytime soon. This was very unexpected, but somehow we managed to find this vehicle and get it for a price that worked really well for us. So with the buy out for Charlie and a little money out of our own pocket we were able to make a really great upgrade to the Mazda and not owe any money on the vehicle. I must admit though as much as I miss Charlie, I love the new vehicle. I love driving it. It is a standard, which is a whole new world to me, as Charlie was an automatic. We are both very pleased with our new addition.

We were both so happy that October was over and in the past because it was very trying and hard financially, emotionally, and physically. November came and went. I don't recall anything spectacular or unfortunate happening. Everyone was healthy and happy. Cam started back at work, he started doing light duty and only working about 4 hours a day. We both decided to take an investment in our health and get gym passes and started going regularly. Both Cam and I have been feeling the positive effects of it. It is a bit of a commitment, especially me, but I think we can do it.

December started off with a bang for me. Our office went on a trip to Vegas for a conference. The conference itself was a little boring and long. The trip to Vegas was amazing. I had never been before so to see it and take it all in was amazing and wonderful. I love it there and would love to go back anytime. So, I guess now there is Christmas to look forward to. It is sneaking up on us quickly. I am excited to go home to Nelson for the holidays and spend time with my family. So happy holidays everyone!!! Hope everyone as a safe and fun Holiday!

I promise to try to get back to blogging more regularly. I enjoy it personally because it allows me to express my thoughts and feelings, and share what is going on in our little lives as well. We are currently without a computer at home, as ours is getting fixed right now. There was a little mishap with some wine. Apparently wine and Mac Book don't mix. Oh well. Shit happens and it is getting fixed, so all is well that ends well..... hopefully, we still don't have it back.

No comments: