Monday, September 17, 2007

Golf Clubs for me.... and they are PINK!

So, Sunday(Sept 9th) morning I wake up and I just wasn't lovin' life. I was just stressing about work and giving my notice and my workload and just everything to do with all the bullshit here. So needless to say I wasn't in a great mood. So I wasn't really wanting to get up and out of bed and Cam was trying to make me. After he climbed back into bed and we talked about what was bothering me he got me out of bed, and we made plans to go to the driving range with Ryan at 1:00. I used Cam's clubs becasue I didn't have my own. I was hitting the balls pretty good and I realized that this is totally a sport that I could see myself doing long term. I love whacking balls ;o) So now the trick was to talk Cam into buying me some clubs of my own. I have wanted these Wilson Hope clubs for some time now. Not only because they are pink and they have little painted pink ribbons on them, but because they went towards a good cause. We went to sports check in the mall and they had completly sold out in all of their stores..... I was sad..... so there was another set there for $189.99 and Cam was saying that we could get those ones for me instead because they are pink.... but we would need to buy a bag, and a putter to go with the set because it didn't come with it.... so add that up and we were lookng at spending about $300.00 on these no name set. I told Cam that we should wait on it for right now becuase they aren't the clubs that I really want, and we still need to go grocery shopping and such so we can think about it and look on the internet to see if we can find the ones that I want online. So we left the store and went grocery shopping. Then we came home nad we looked online and found some on ebay and some on the Wilson page, but I wouldn't have them till who knows when because they would have to be sent out to me, and we wanted to go golfing here before the season was totally over. Then we found out that Golf Town had them and they had two stores in Edmonton.... one on the North end of town and one on the South end of town. So becasue we are closer to the North end one we opted to go to that one to find them..... after being there for a few minutes and the guy looking around trying to find one of the two sets that his computer siad he had he couldn't find any..... but the store on the South Side had 5 sets.... ugh..... why didn't we go there first..... it is Sunday, stores close at 5, we are on the north end, and it is 4:15.... how do we get to the southside before it closes in 45 minutes..... I was starting to think that this might not happen..... but Cam insisted that he could do it and he would get me my clubs..... so he drove like a madman accross town and we made it there with 10 minutes to spare..... and they had my clubs!!!!!!!!! I was so happy. So for the set I got I got a putter, a bag, and a whole set of irons, a driver, and woods..... Way better than that no name brand that I was going to get otherwise, and I got them all for $350 (i got a glove and some balls, and tees too) So it turnedout that it was a way better deal getting these Hope clubs than these Alien brand ones, and the shafts are graphite..... so they are super light. AHHHHH I am so happy and excited to go out for a round..... I just need to learn to actually hit the ball now. Sometimes I hit them good other times I slice it...meh whatever it is all for fun. But yeah that is my golf club story.

Yesterday, Sunday September 16th, I got to go out and hit my first round of golf. We only did nine holes. It was a great course for a beginner like me. I can for sure see myself playing the game of golf for many years to come. I am so looking forward to taking some lessons next year and hitting a little white ball around.

No comments: