Monday, September 24, 2007

Can Barely Contain Myself!

Well this week is the week that we book our plane ticket for our big adventure. For those of you who don't know, Cam and myself are going on a little adventure over seas! Yep watch out Asia and Australia we are coming. I am so excited to go and visit these cities and take in all the culture and heritage these places have to offer us. I admit I am a little frightened to be a minority in a country, but I think that just comes from only being in Canada and my lack of overseas travels. From what I have been reading about the certain cities that we are visiting, they are all very tourist friendly, and relatively safe. http://wikitravel.org is a great site to guide you and give you some information.

Our first stop looks like it will be Singapore for three days. Then we are off to Australia for four and a half weeks. Then finally to Tokyo where we will spend a few days. For me it is really hard not to plan many things to do in these places before we go. Cam and myself discussed how we want to kinda fly by the seat of our pants so that we don't feel so rushed and on a time limit to get to the next destination. As long as we know when our flights leave and where they leave from anything we do in between that time is ours to do what we want. This is hard for me only because I like to have everything planned. I am a planner.

No matter what this is going to be an amazing trip, and we are going to see amazing things. I am trying so hard to save up my money so that I can do a little shopping while I am down there. Mostly on the way home because we have a long four weeks in Australia that I don't want to be carrying a bunch of stuff around that I don't require. We are only taking backpacks I believe.... this really is going to be a test for me. I am kind of a princess when it comes to travelling. I like comfort, but I am up for whatever. I have Cam.

I am sad that I will be without my pug for a month, but I think she will be just fine at my mom and dad's house while we are away. Hopefully she isn't too mad at us when we get home.

2 comments:

Admin said...

poor pug!

Toona's Mom said...

What do you mean poor pug???? She is going to be with her Grandma and Grandpa who spoil the shit out of her. I will be surprised if she wants to go home with her Mom and Dad after a month with us hahahahahahaha