Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Newly Wed Resolution

Instead of a New Years Resolution.... Cam and myself have decided to make a Newly Wed Resolution. We have discovered, as of late, how lazy we have become. Our couch is like a magnet and we are stuck to it at night after we eat supper. We will get up to do the occasional chore, such as take the dog out, make our lunches for the next day, make a snack... such things like that. On Sunday we both kinda had the same thought.... "we are lazy sacs and it is bullshit" We both usually are in pretty good shape, haha, okay Cam more than me I've always been lazy and still manage to stay somewhat in shape. Either way, we have both made a pact to be more active. So these things include walking the dog more, going on bike rides, my new thing golf!, and anything to stay active and feel good about ourselves. I have also taken on Yoga. I have a video at home that I have had for years and never really watched it or did it. It only takes me about 20-30 minutes a day to achieve a basic yoga work out. I am planning on starting to take classes in the very near future, but I just want to get myself limbered up lets say a little more than I am now. I have realized how inflexible I am at this point. I have a lot of tension in my shoulders and neck and I find it hard to be as flexible as I once was. When I discovered this fact I was a little mortified because simple things that I could do before I can no longer do as well. Very frustrating. The yoga studio that I would go to is very close to where we live, and I think that Cam will come with me if he arrives home from work and gets ready in time to go.

So far we have been doing really good. We take the dog out every night for a 30-40 minute walk. I do my yoga while Cam is at work, and it still gives me time to make supper in time for his arrival home from work :o) Monday night we went to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls each.... I had to use my new clubs..... And last night it was kinda rainy so we just took the dog out for a little walk. I think Cam was hoping to do a little more activity, but I had already done yoga, and went to the grocery store to get groceries for supper, so I was kinda beat from a long day. I think tonight if weather cooperates we will go for a bike ride. I would love to go to the driving range and hit some more balls, but that can get costly if we do it every night.

We are both very excited to get ourselves back into shape and be happy again with ourselves physically and mentally. So here is to our new lifestyle..... let's hope we can keep it up!

1 comment:

Allie said...

I tagged you for a meme Mrs. McLean .....