Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Random Post

I am having one of those days when you just feel.... good. I can't explain it or pinpoint why I am so happy. On the other end of that I can't think of a reason why I would be sad. The past couple of days I have had some friends from my past contact me. It is odd how this is the week that people want to contact me. It is great! I love reconnecting with old friends.

One of the people who has contacted me is a friend from LONG ago. When I was living in Vancouver. Her and her mom lived down the street from us, and we played all of the time. She was a great friend and we had a lot of good memories. Then my family moved away to Nelson, and she moved to Surrey. I think we exchanged a few letters here and there when we were younger, but we loss touch after awhile. Life gets busy. She found me on Facebook and wrote me a note asking me if I am who she thought I was. So now I have found out that she has two daughters, still living down the coast and is doing well. I am very excited to start chatting and catching up. A lot has happened in the past 18 years since we have talked!

Another person who contacted me is a friend I went to college with in Castlegar. She was a great friend while I was going to school. I don't know how I would have gotten through it without her. She is such a beautiful person inside out. She now has a baby, and wants more. Everyone is having babies.

Lastly is a friend who I met through curling. He is one of the most kindest people I know. We haven't curled together, but we have been at some of the same cash spiels together and have shared a few drinks and laughs here and there. Again life got busy and I lost contact with him. I look forward to curling with him for the 2008/2009 season.

With these people contacting me it makes me wonder who else is going to sneak up from my past and surprise me with a little note. Only time will tell.

No comments: