Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Kicking Down the House

Yesterday wasn't the best day for me in anyway. Cam dropped me off at work in the morning, and we said our goodbyes. I won't see him now for a week. He got sent to Prince George for work :o( So I carried on my day at work how I usually would. When I got home from work Zoe was happy to see me as usual, and so I leashed her up and got her ready to go outside so that she could do her business. As I was walking out the door I for whatever reason locked the handle on the door and closed it..... instantly as soon as the door slammed shut I realized what I had done..... oh crap, I just locked the dog and myself out of the house..... Keys are hanging on the key hook, purse with wallet and cell is sitting on it's regular perch..... crap crap crap.... what am I going to do the only other person with a key to get in is Cam and he is on his way to Prince George. Otherwise I would have just gone for a walk around the neighbourhood till Cam got home from work at his regular time. I didn't have a phone to call anyone with, or find numbers to people that could rescue me (other than my sister and Ryan their numbers are the only ones I remember). I was screwed. I thought for a second to walk to my sisters house but then that would mean that I would have to walk through a sketchy part of town..... So that was out. I am not very close with any of my neighbours to use their phones to call a lock smith, provided one would still be open. I thought to beg the bus driver to let me ride the bus back down to work, but I had the dog with me.
The only choice I had was to kick my own door in. Three kicks and WABAM!! I'm in. Minimal damage was done to the door, I am still able to close and lock the door. I had to screw in the handle back into the side of the door a little bit, but all is well and I learned my lesson. I guess worst case scenario I might have to replace the door. We will see what Cam has to say when he gets home.

1 comment:

Guitar Victoria said...

That's awesome, I just get this image of you 'all pumped up' and screaming while kicking in the door madly! And Zoe looking at you with admiration and complete awe.

-brad