Friday, October 12, 2007

Weekend is here!

This weekend is going to be so much fun. Tomorrow morning Cam and I start a scuba diving course which is a two weekend course. So tomorrow we start with Classes in the morning and then we are in the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Sunday we are in the pool in the morning and class in the afternoon. I am so excited to learn and play around in the water. Growing up on a lake every summer has fueled my love of being in water. However, I don't really like cold water. The thought of being able to breath while I am underwater and play around learning buoyancy and all the skills I will need to know for diving is very exciting to me. The only down side to this program is that we have to do our open water dives (4 of them) next weekend in a lake just outside of Edmonton. It is going to be COLD! However, we are taking a dry suit course (on Monday) so that we can wear long underwear and fleece while we are diving underwater. So really the only part of us that will get wet will be our faces.
When we were in the Dominican in 2005 we went scuba diving there, and we both loved it and from that point both wanted our open water diving ticket so that we didn't have regulations to how we could dive. We procrastinated till now and are finally doing it. Would have been nice had we done this in the summer months, but what can you do, our trip down under is fastly approaching and we want to see the Great Barrier Reef while we are there so we are doing it! I am assured that with the dry suit and wearing long underwear underneath will keep me relatively warm for the open water dives. So I guess the trick is to learn how to do the skills in the pool quickly and efficiently and get in and get out of the lake ;o) Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Guitar Victoria said...

Have fun. Don't die. Does the pug get to dive with a little scuba gear helmet for dogs?

Ok, have fun,

Brad

Toona's Mom said...

OH MAN how cute would that be!!!! Zoe down there with you guys scuba diving. Too bad she isn't invited on your trip otherwise she would need her own little scuba gear.
I am with Brad on this one, DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah and have fun

Mom