Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy it is Monday...Odd...

Yep I am sure glad that it is Monday. Only for the simple fact that Cam gets home today. This week of him being gone hasn't been the best week. I have realized that I am the type of person who likes to look after others not myself. I find that I have a very nurturing personality and I enjoy looking after others. Making sure that their needs and wants are satisfied before my own. So, when I have no one to look after I guess I feel lost in a way. With Cam being gone for the past week I have had no one to look after or feed. That is the major issue I have, when it is just me I don't feel like cooking or preparing much in the way of nutritious foods for myself. I will eat out too much or I will have a bagel for supper, or a sandwich, or soup. Something quick and easy. It definitely takes a toll on me and my body. The lack of vegetables and fruit. Today I woke up with a really bad stomach ache. So I am thinking because of my lack of nutrition that my body is accustom to my immune system is a little weak and I am getting sick :o(
Tonight I am going to go home, go grocery shopping and get some vegetables, fruits, and a whole lot of other healthy foods. Because Cam is home tonight I am sure that things will get back to normal and I will start looking after him and myself!

Although I did have a really good weekend. Saturday was a much needed day indeed for myself, as well as my girls here. I spent the day at the mall with my sister Danielle and my very good friend Michelle. After we finished our pedicures I went home and picked up my dog and headed over to Michelle's house for the night. She has two dogs and all three dogs got along really well. Us girls went out for a very nice supper at Opium and then headed back to Michelle's for more drinks and we played with Michelle's new hot rollers. We were up late gabbing, laughing and sharing past stories with each other. We have quite the history us three girlies. Living in the city I tend to feel lonley at times and miss my friends from home. Having Michelle and my sister in the same city as me is so wonderful becuase I know I always have them. I have new friends that are from here, but friends that I grew up with and know me and who I am is the most wonderful thing to have. We don't hang out nearly as much as I think we would all like to, but we all have rather busy lives at the moment. Michelle is in the nursing program at UofA, and my sister..... well she works a lot. It was just really nice to have a weekend of girly things and girly time.

No comments: