Thursday, October 11, 2007

Counting the Days

I am so excited for what the future holds for Cam and I. After yesterday I am so ready to get on with it and move out of Edmonton. On my lunch yesterday I decided to go and try to find a bathing suit in the mall. Because it is lunch time there are people everywhere, that is just to be expected. At the same time though I would assume people would be a little more courteous towards their fellow man. I don't think I have a bigger pet peeve than slow walkers, or people who block the escalator when you are trying to go up. People will walk in groups of two or three and block pretty much the whole walkways of the mall. You try to go around but there are always people coming towards you as well, so you try again when the coast is clear, and then for whatever reason the group of people need to shift that way and walk the same direction you are trying to get around them in. AHHHH it is so frustrating. So finally you get around these people and you can carry on your way at your pace to get to where you are going.
As for the escalators, people like to stand beside each other on these things. So if you are trying to walk up them you can't because you are blocked by the people ahead of you. Just because it is an escalator doesn't mean you can't walk up/down it, or at least move over if someone is coming up behind you or down behind you and wants to get around. If there were stairs I would take them, but there are only escalators in the City Centre Mall. I gather that people are just lazy.
Everyday I take the bus to and from work. I enjoy the time I have just to sit drink my coffee and go to work, or just unwind from my day. I usually bring my Nano with me because I like to listen to my music. There are basic rules for the bus, that they have posted as advertisements on the bus. It reads:

Now I am not saying that I follow all these rules to perfection, but I try to be as courteous as I can towards other on the bus. And the other day I was listening to my music and I could hear the persons music across from me over my own. I think that is just completely inappropriate. Most people don't want to listen to what you are listening to.
I think I would be foolish to believe that it is only in a big city that this kind of stuff happens in, because lets face it there are inconsiderate people all over this fine planet of ours. I guess I just haven't noticed it as much till I moved to the city here and have lived here for a year and a half. I think I would end up snapping on someone if I lived here longer than I am.
Everyday there are things that just boggle my mind that I see in Edmonton. Like yesterday Cam and I were driving out to West Edmonton Mall, and we saw a little kid probably between the ages of 5-10 riding his bike along one of the busier streets without a helmet. It just made my stomach turn upside down to think of the things that could happen to this little guy. Where are his parents?
Either way, sorry for the angry post, yesterday was just a very frustrating day for me, but on the up side I got to talk to one of my best friends on the phone for a while (Nikita I love you and miss you terribly) and I got to buy a new bathing suit for scuba diving! So my day didn't end too badly :o)

No comments: