Friday, January 19, 2007

How can I part with it?

When I found out that good friends of ours was having a baby I was overjoyed for them. For many reasons. I wanted to do something nice for the new baby. This is the first baby in our group of friends and I wanted to do something special for the little one. So, I started a Winnie-the-Pooh cross stitch blanket. I never realized how much work it was actually going to be, or how detailed it was going to be. I started it in the summer of 2006, and I just finished it January 19th. I still have to do the final touches, such as finish up the butterflies around the corners, and once the baby is born I want to stitch his name on the blanket. My sister was a little worried that I wouldn't get it finished because I had put it down for a little bit. I knew my deadline, I had till February 16th. That is when our flight leaves for the coast so it had to be finished for that. Once I finished I was a little sad. I knew that I was going to have to give this thing that I have been working so hard on, and for so long that I questioned that i didn't want to give it away. Of course I will part with it and give it to the baby, I know that his parents will cherish it the way that it should be. I have many pictures of the progress along my journey of making it, but I will share the final picture of it being finished.


So that is it, whatcha think ;o) I will maybe post another picture of the butterflies that go on the corners of it when I am finished with that.

Till next time......

4 comments:

rhodinia said...

I have to say the cross stitch looks AWESOME. It's been fun to see it progress over the past months. And hey, even if you have to part with it - at least you have a kicka$$ picture to commemorate all the hard work :)

Allie said...

I am impressed Breanne!

I could NEVER come up with something like that due to my lack of committment to get stuff like that done and because I have NO creative talent ... even if it requires following a pattern. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You are one talented chick! I am with my sister on this one - I could NEVER do that either!!

Looks fanstatic - that is one lucky baby!

Toona's Mom said...

Great Job on that one Breanne. I can't believe that you FINALLY finished it. How long have I been working on my sewing room one? I will HAVE to finish mine now as well. Thanx for the inspiration to get back at it. I guess when it is for someone esle we are driven more. And on that subject how is your other Winnie the Poo cross stitch coming? Love ya sweetie