Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wedding Woos

It is almost 6 months till my wedding. I am starting to get more and more excited. I worry though if everything is going to be alright and completed by the time August rolls around. I am very thankful for my sister. She has been so much help through this. I owe her my sanity. Because of her I am able to enjoy my engagement with my hunny, and not really overly stress about the details of the wedding. We are both just kinda puttering away at the little details. Tonight I had a friend of my sisters come over to consult me about my hair, and what colours would look good in my hair. My dress has black on it, therefor I need my hair to complement the dress. Oh the decisions. My colours are black and white.... that's it. Very simple I think. I am enjoying all of the perks of living in the big city. It is amazing how many times you can look through wedding magazines and still find something new that sparks a thought in your mind.

So I have concluded that as of today there is 192 days left till my wedding. I don't know how prepared I am for this. I have only been waiting to get married for about 5 years or so, and now it is all happening so fast. I toss and turn in bed each night trying to decide what to do for center pieces, what to do for flower arrangements for my bridesmaids, what dresses I am going to get for the girls, then I think about the boys, and what sizes of shirts they need, and where I am going to find them.... ahhhh the list is never ending. I know that I am fine for time and everything is being dealt with, it is just hard to shut my mind off and kinda put it at ease and tell myself that all is fine.

My focus right now is kinda directed back to that baby blanket that I have been working on. The baby is now here so I MUST finish it before we head to Vancouver to visit. I just want to congratulate our good friends who welcomed their first baby boy into this world. He was born on Saturday, and I can't wait to see him later in February!!! Welcome to the world Kegan!!! Way to go Ellen and Mike you have a beautiful little boy. I just hope that Cam doesn't get any ideas (yet) about baby's :o) We need to finish up this wedding thing first.

2 comments:

Allie said...

No matter what Breanne - you need to take the time to enjoy the whole planning aspect of your big day. When your actual day comes around, it will fly by so quickly that you will look back and wonder if you got to enjoy every aspect of it or not.

Find the humor in the stress - that is the only advice that I can give you. :)

Toona's Mom said...

Let me know what you need me to do in order to relieve some of the stress. You are lucky to have Danielle "the realist" there with you keeping you grounded and kicking your ass when you get out of control. Enjoy things and keep your chin up. Love ya sweetie