Friday, February 2, 2007

Zoe and Peru


Can you tell which one is Zoe?
This is Zoe and her brother Peru. It was such fluke that we found them really.
Here is the story:
My dad would usually come and pick me up after work, and he would bring Zoe along for car rides. You couldn't leave the house without taking her for a car ride if she knew it was to come and get me. If you didn't bring her along, she would give you attitude for the rest of the day. On our way home we had to stop by the store to pick up some milk and some other things. I opted to stay in the car with Zoe while my dad went into the store to get the groceries. I usually don't like to leave Zoe alone in vehicles for any amount of time really, especially in the summer. While we were waiting there was a family in the vehicle next to us ready to leave the parking lot when they realized that there was a pug in the vehicle next to them. They started to make a bit of a fuss over Zoe, as most people in Nelson did when they would see Zoe. So I started to talk to them and quickly learned that they too had a pug. So knowing this I asked a few questions as most pug owners do when they meet fellow owners; Where did you get it?, How old?, What color?, Male or female?, Spayed or neutered?, Little questions like that. I quickly put the puzzle pieces together and realized that they owned Zoe's brother!!! All of us were overly excited that we had found one another and what a small world it really is. This family had just moved from Edmonton to Nelson earlier in the spring. My dad then returned to the car, so we exchanged phone numbers in hope to get these two siblings together for a play date.

We got home and told my mom the story and she was just as excited as I was to find them. Not even 20minutes later I received a phone call from the family asking if I would mind meeting them at a near by park to get the two of them together to play. I of course agreed and grabbed some poo bags, and Zoe and off we went. When we got there I was shocked at how much they looked alike give or take a few pounds ;o) (male pugs tend to be a bit heavier than female pugs.) I believe that both the dogs knew that they were related. They played a lot and hard. They would run around side by side, give each other kisses, nip at each other..... just like real siblings. When we decided to part ways Peru and Zoe both didn't want to leave one another, but we managed to head home. When I finally got Zoe home she slept the rest of the night. This was the first time I had ever really seen Zoe actually play with another dog. She usually doesn't like to play with other dogs, unless they are pugs, or Trinket (see previous post 'Zoe and Trinket') I do believe that they knew they were siblings.

Unfortunately we only got them together a few time before we moved to Cranbrook then to Edmonton. So hopefully our paths will meet again. If not, then at least I have photo's to reminisce of the time they had :o)

No comments: